Founded in 1851, MassMutual ranked 77th in the Fortune 500 list as of June 15, 2017. MassMutual provides financial products such as life insurance, disability income insurance, long term care insurance, annuities, retirement/401(k) plan services, wealth management, and financial planning. Experienced advisors aid clients in achieving their financial objectives by providing services tailored to their specific needs. Recent restructuring in the state of Michigan has created the MassMutual Great Lakes brand based out of Southfield, MI, with other prominent locations in Ann Arbor, Lansing, Troy, and Bay City. Our firm’s network includes a total of 25 offices across the Great Lakes regionThe Program
Only 4 rising seniors will be selected for our prestigious “producer-centric” 10-week fall internship experience. Our commitment is to create an environment that provides relevant career exposure to the following areas:
- Industry licensing (sponsored by the firm) and classroom instruction
- Marketing & business planning best practices
- Sales process and case design development
- Client meetings
This will provide you an opportunity to experience what it takes for a financial professional to maintain their own practice. Each intern will be assigned to a team of two established advisors as mentors. Our most successful interns will be invited back for the spring, and be eligible for 1 of 10 summer associate positions being offered in 2018.
Because of high demand, when positions for the fall experience have been filled, we will place qualified candidates on our waiting list and begin filling our 8 positions for the spring internship.
Who we are looking for
- Sophomore+, with priority given to juniors and seniors attending a four- year University.
- Students must have at least a 3.0/4.0 GPA.
- All majors will be considered, with priority being given to Business Administration, Finance, Marketing, Sales, Entrepreneurship, Accounting, and Communications.
- Students with previous internship and/or client service or sales work experience.
- Students with strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Students located near Southfield, Michigan.
- Must be organized, dynamic, ambitious, and resilient.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Attend all instructional courses during the first two weeks of the program.
- Be receptive of all tasks assigned by senior advisors and mentors.
- Maintain personal analytics such as progress reports and daily activity.
- Maintain company standard of integrity through appropriate dress and behavior in the office.
- Full sponsorship of the L/H study materials, one-time exam fee, and Michigan Life/Health license fee
- 50% of the first-year commission earned on all Life, Disability, LTC, and fixed Annuity business that is placed through the marketing efforts of the intern on fully licensed, contracted and appointed individuals only.
- $100 weekly business development stipend (up to 10 weeks)
MassMutual is a marketing name for Massachusetts Mutual Life Insurance Company (MassMutual) and its affiliated companies and sales representatives. Local sales agencies are not subsidiaries of MassMutual or its affiliated companies. Financial services representatives are independent contractors and are not employees of MassMutual, its subsidiaries, or of general agents with whom they contract. CRN201908-217531